Skip to main content

Please, give it to me.


This funny experience that I had, happened about a year ago, 
I was jobless and homeless. So, as usual I had my daily activity of going around in search of food. 
    I went to " Q Mart ", a huge market here in Quezon city, Philippines. I picked up some vegetables from the trash and some fruits too. 
    On my way home, it was raining already. But I was ready with it, I always have my umbrella. Then along the way, I saw some fruits that were scattered beside the road, which was coming from a luxurious fruit tree just  beside the road. 
    As a tramp I learned the value of food, whatever it is. So, I was there squatting on the ground, slowly picking up some of the fruits that were still good.
    For a few minutes, I wasn't aware that a passersby, two middle - aged women, were intently looking at what I was doing. 
    As I realized that they were curious and symphatetic, they approached me, and one of them pulled a wallet from her bag, and was scanning it's content. I was so happy thinking that she would gave me money. 
    I was right, she got a 20 pesos bill from her wallet. As she finally was about to hand it to me, she seemed to realize that it was a small amount. So, with her other hand, she took a much bigger amount, 50 pesos bill, and handed it to me. When I took the money excitedly from her outstretched hand, I noticed that her eyes was looking at the money in her other hand, confused of what to do with it. 
    Finally, when she moved her hand, I thought she would give the money to me, so I was already extending my hand to receive it, but she stopped for a moment, and was about to return it to her wallet instead. 
    As I was looking at the money, my hand froozed, and my mind kept on saying, " Please give it to me, please give it to me ". For a few seconds, the time stood still. I didn't know what would happen. My hand was still hanging in the air. Then suddenly, she just gave it to me. Fifty pesos plus twenty pesos, wow, I got 70 pesos, all in all.
    Then, I was a bit embarrassed with what had happened. But when it was over, it made me  laugh thinking about it, even up to this time.

                    xxxxx           

I am so glad that after about 10 years, I am now back again to writing. This is because of my YouTube channel.

    Now that I have a YouTube channel, " Homelessman Withadream ", it is necessary for me to go back to blogging again. I'm very excited about this, because I love writing and reading too. 

    I encourage you to visit my YouTube channel, who knows, you might like the content of my channel and want to support by subscribing to it. Well, thant's really helpful to me.

                    xxxxx

This is the link of my 1st video, " Episode 1 ". This is really a sort of documentary video. Eventhough I'm homeless most of the time, but I'm proud of it, since I learned a great deal about life and the world, being homeless.

I'm also promoting one of my videos entitled, "It's a wonderful world ", which encourage change in us for a bright tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Problème - Masculine or Feminine ?

Looking back at those days when I was avidly learning the French language, at one point I was in doubt of the gender (all French nouns have gender) of the word "problem," spelled "problème" in French.      Approaching my Belgian friend, I asked her if the word problème is a feminine noun, because French nouns ending in e are mostly feminine. I burst out laughing when she replied, "Elmo, do you think a problem is feminine?"      Thinking it's just a joke, I checked the word in a French dictionary. You are correct, I said, still laughing. Problem is masculine.      xxxxx Thanks God! I am now back to blogging again.  It is a must for me, since I have now a YouTube channel, " Homelessman Withadream ". So, I'm inviting you to check my first video, " Episode 1 ".  Also, I'm promoting my other video, " It's a Wonderful World -- an insight ".  Thanks !

Are you still a college?

S ome people may never care what happen to your life; recently, however, at the age of 42 I met someone who did. It was drizzling that day when I went to a public library to use the free Internet access. I had been doing this, everyday, for about three months now. Before I could use the computer, I had to register first; after which the attendant would issue a card number of the computer I am going to use. There were student-trainees every now and then, but all of them didn't bother me at all at what I should have to write on the form. That day, however, was too different. Behind the desk, I saw a new face -- a young boy. Holding my card number, he seemed to be waiting when I would finish writing before handing it to me; so, I bent and was about to write. By now, he was already beside me, helping me in filling up the form. Pointing to a specific spot, he told me, "this is for your name. " After I had done writing my name, I was about to check the column for college when